Many women flea homes quickly and only have limited kitchens with microwave, mini-fridge and perhaps a stovetop, so please keep this in mind when contributing.
1) Non-perishable food: canned goods, cereals, granola bars, shelf-stable milks, instant soups, healthy kids snacks like unsweetened apple sauce and goldfish crackers, pasta, sauce, bread etc.
2) Perishable food: items with longer expiry dates and no need for immediate refrigeration such as apples, oranges, bananas, carrots, some cheese, corn, cucumbers, eggs, cured meat etc.
3) Kitchen essentials: Can openers, reusable cutlery and bowls
4) Personal items: cosmetics, shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene products, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hairbrushes etc. If you have an extra hair dryer you could donate, that would also be appreciated!
5) For kids: new or gently used books, crayons, paper, games and other similar items.
WHERE AND WHEN DO I DROP OFF?
There will be open bins on the front porch so there is no need to touch anything. The next drop off is Thursday May 7th before 3:00 PM at any of the following addresses:
Cindy: 8 Heathdale Rd. Toronto
Tina: 35 Millbank Ave. Toronto
Karine: 56 Elgin Ave. Toronto (corner of Elgin and Bedford)
Sharyn: 49 Felicia Court Thornhill
Nancy: 127 Elgin Street Thornhill
We hope you are able to take part in this Manitou Cares program and please feel free to pass this on to others who may wish to help.