Not many camps can boast about their camp food but at Manitou our campers and staff eat better when they arrive at camp than they do at home!! A good meal means a happy camper so our camp kitchen is excellent. We have a world-renowned culinary team and we take great pride in offering kids a wide selection of menu options that are both healthy and delicious. The kitchen is famous for it’s cooking, including fajitas, pizza, chicken wings, lasagne, and fresh cooked eggs for breakfast. The Manitou McMuffin is a camp favourite!
Here are some more highlights from the Manitou kitchen:
• Our famous salad bar at lunch with over 40 different toppings, 3 different types of lettuce and many dressing options.
• Delicious homemade baked goods with each meal from our very own bakery! (Including the daily bread)
• A vegetarian option that is available to all campers and staff. You get to choose!
• A fresh fruit stand that is out all day long. (Yes, even between meals!)
• Snack Attack: camper snack in the afternoon and before bed
• Our Thursday brunch includes smoked salmon, croissants, eggs, and much more!
• The vast majority of food allergies can be accommodated easily due to our dedicated sous chef who handles special meals exclusively. We’ve been nut safe since 1999.